Thursday, February 12, 2009

End of Week 6 and Still Truckin' Through

Winter term has gone by so fast. We're almost at week 7 which means the term is coming to a close. Usually Winter term seems to be the toughest to get through, but with Trinity this year, it couldn't be any better. Girls are filled with energy and enthusiasm and are striving to seek out the Lord through everything. It's definitely the one thing that's getting me through the term.

House meetings have been incredible this term. I decided to try a bunch of new ideas that haven't been done in the past. We had a couple of speakers that really touched our hearts with their life stories and words of wisdom. Both women I have gotten connected with through First Baptist. Amy Weinkauf, who is very involved with the music and arts ministry of First B, spoke on juggling life in college and a relationship with Christ. Kristy McIntyre, who is highly involved with the high school ministry at First B, spoke to us about finding our identity in Christ. I was very encouraged by both of them and I noticed the rest of the girls grasp onto that same feeling. I want to continue to bring in women who have been through what we're going through right now and share their wisdom with us. In a couple of weeks we will be having Stephanie Riley, who is also involved with the church, speak to us on relationships.

Another idea that I decided to try last term and continued to do so this term and spring term is having a group of girls within the house run a house meeting. I decided to split the house into 5 different groups. Each group consists of 7-8 girls. The idea of this is to let them "own" a meeting and do whatever they want with it. The goal is to have each of them has to play a part in some way. Last term, the group put together a game, a devo, and a few worship songs. The second group put together "The Trinity House Prom." Basically all the girls came down in prom dresses (some were actually their actual prom dress) and we had a dance party. It was a great time and everyone loved it. Group number three will be running this upcoming Monday's meeting. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Lastly, another idea that was brought to the table, that hadn't been done in the past, was having the managers of the AO and Trinity House switch meetings and run them. I didn't really know what that would look like, but I thought it would be fun to do. I ran it by AO's manager Ryan to see if he would be interested and he was. No one knew about the switch except for the Assistant Managers (they're the ones that helped us out...Thanks Darcy and Michael :) ), so it came as a surprise to many. On the day of the meeting, I had already figured out what my plan was but I had a huge overwhelming feeling about it since I was going to be speaking/running a meeting for 25 guys..something I had never done before. Of course God came in for the rescue and calmed my nerves and helped me say everything I wanted to. I spoke on "Encouragement." How I went about this was I wrote a letter to the guys (I do not do well saying my thoughts off the top of my head) on how AO has been an encouragement to my life and the girls at Trinity, especially this year. I left them on this verse: Colossians 3:12-14 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Again I was highly encouraged by all my brothers there and their listening ears.

It's been an incredible blessing being able to live in this community. It's been my hardest term of college thus far, but it's these awesome sisters and brothers exuding their encouragement and Christ's love that keeps me going. The Lord is continuing to surprise me each and every day. As we go on this winter term, please continue to pray for our houses during this school year. :)

Kaela

9 comments:

  1. wah keren banget nih gan cantik cantik fotonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello this the best quote “How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?”

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jusat share sweet word "365Days dreaming of you.
    8760Hr thinking of you.

    525600Mins missing you.

    315360000Milisec just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sweet words "Fell from Heaven
    Dear, did it hurt when you fell from Heaven? I think, I need to call God because He have lost His most beautiful Angel."

    ReplyDelete
  5. this blog better than the other...very good share

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi check this "Behind you
    Behind your smile, I know there are sorrows.
    Behind your laughters, I know there are tears.

    But I want you to know that, behind you is me who always care for you."

    ReplyDelete